Procedural guidelines for the internal promotion of regular employees includes:
- The promotion should be within a major organizational unit, such as a college or vice president’s area. Employing departments are encouraged to notify all employees in the organizational unit of the promotional opportunity.
- The salary increase on promotion will be in accordance with ARP 7.01 – Staff Compensation. Nonexempt promotions of four or more grades and exempt promotions of three or more levels may require advertisement.
- New employees will not normally be considered for a promotion outside their current department until they have completed their initial probationary period. Requests for exception must have the written release of the current supervisor and approval of the Office of Human Resource Services.
- The employee must meet the minimum qualifications for the higher level position.
- An E-Hire Form should be submitted after the Office of Human Resource Services has determined that the employee meets all qualifications for the new position. The employee should be notified only after approval is received from the Office of Human Resource Services.
- The department that the employee is leaving initiates and forwards an E-Hire Form and leave records to the hiring department.
- Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action commitments will be considered during promotions.